Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Here's to Happiness

 I've decided that the next few days will be dedicated to all things happy and bright and joyous. As you may have read in Monday's post, the past week or so hasn't been the best. For now that stuff is behind me, and to keep it there I've made a list of things that are currently making me happy:

-The fact that I don't have work for the next two days. 
-Strangers with accents that call you 'love.'
-Chocolate. Ghiradelli milk & caramel, to be exact.
-My big hound dog who greets me when I get home at night.
-Loving neighbors who trust you to drive their cars.
-The fact that it is officially summer.
-When really good songs get stuck on replay in your head.
-Get rich quick schemes. Although they never work.
-Absurdly bright and cliche pajama pants.
-People who are completely content with who they are.
-The invention of text messaging.
-The invention of sporks.
-Pictures of Paris.
-Musicals.
-Babies.
-A photo of me and my brother when we were youngins.
-Really sappy quotes that I still fall in love with.
-Footprints on the wall from where I prop up my feet.
-Guys named Bill.
-People with mullets.
-Hair that always seems to be knotty.
-Really big TV remotes and shiny red staplers.
-Really bad impressions.
-Air conditioning.
-Lists.
-You, if you're still reading this.

I think I'll stop now. It's time to curl up in bed and watch Fame. But tell me, what's making you happy right now?

image from pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment