Thursday, May 5, 2011

Things My Brother Says


My brother is the kind of guy that likes to wear a pair of old boots, watch football, and talk about his old Jeep Wagoneer. This is a note from him entitled, "Things that I'd like to see more of." It makes me smile when I read it, and brings inspiration to weirdly calm yet hectic days like today.

-Old pick up trucks. They look cool.
-People doing that butt-slide thing down a star's banister instead of walking down the steps.  Its fun and I   like to do it.
-Flip flops.  Also cool.
-Fans of old groups like Sam and Dave.  It's good music and makes you feel better.
-Aggressive behavior.  Passive-aggressiveness is for hippies and people who own Priuses. Prii? whatever.
-Toyota bashing.  I don't care how reliable of affordable they are, Toyota makes ugly cars. End of story.
-People playing catch.
-Dogs.
-The movie Caddyshack. Actually, I'm going to watch that now.
-References to the book Gone With the Wind.
-Frankly not giving any damns, my dear.
-floppy hats like Carl Spackler's in said golf movie.
-T-shirts that don't say anything.  We all know Led Zeppelin's 1971 US Tour was awesome.
-Jeans that are ripped because they are 6 years old and you ripped them replacing parts on a car. An American car.
-Flip down sunglasses.
-kites. Because, you know, it's a kite.
-squirrel fights that don't go up the tree where you can't see them anymore.
-Old people yelling at young people.
-Young people scared to death of an eighty year old man.
- Converse All- Stars.  Not worn ironically, because its cool, or because you are making a statement, but as a basketball shoe.
-People who drink black coffee.
-People really good at making paper airplanes.
-Sandwiches in ziploc bags.
-Bobby Cox.
-my sister's basketball games.
-People quoting Hemingway.  Dude was awesome.
-People quoting athletes. It's funny.
-old dogs that are content with being very lazy.
-young dogs who are not.
-football.
-space shuttle launches.
-people who are still in awe of things like space shuttle launches. Or the iPhone.
-Brett Favre.

He's such a goof. Have a lovely Thursday.

photo from carsofthefuture.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It kind of made my day. Thanks Molly

    ReplyDelete